For the first few days after your BOTOX treatment, you can gently wash your face or apply lotions. You can use the same moisturizer and cleanser you always have, as they won’t harm your results. However, facials, microdermabrasion, or any other kind of skin treatments should be avoided for at least a week.
Can you use skincare after Botox?
You should be gentle with any face washing or lotion applying in the days after Botox. However, you can still use the same cleansers, exfoliants and moisturizers you always use. These products won’t harm your Botox results and can even enhance results if these products improve your skin’s texture and glow.
Can I do my normal skin routine after Botox?
Generally speaking you may return to your normal home skin care routine the same day as your treatment. Botox injections and topical, over-the-counter skin products do not tend to interact with each other. If you are unsure about your skin products it is best to check with the recommendations of your provider.
What can you not put on your face after Botox?
- Touching The Treated Area. …
- Careless Lounging/Sleeping. …
- Physical Activity. …
- Facials/Other Cosmetic Treatments. …
- Travel. …
- Alcohol. …
- Painkillers/Blood Thinners. …
- Excessive Heat Exposure.
Can you use face cream after Botox?
For a minimum of 3 days post-treatment, avoid using anything perceived as ‘active’ skincare.
Do and don’ts after Botox?
- Do not rub or massage the treated area and avoid make-up if possible.
- Avoid sleeping on your face the first night.
- Do not exercise or partake in any strenuous activity for the next 12 hrs.
- Avoid excessive alcohol consumption for the next 24hrs.
How do you take care of your face after Botox?
- gently exercise your face.
- relax for the rest of the day.
- maintain a normal heart rate.
- avoid touching, rubbing, or physical pressure on the affected area.
- leave the treated area alone.
How long after Botox can you moisturise?
Yes, you can continue your regular skin care routine, including touching your face to cleanse and moisturise it. However, it’s best to wait at least six hours—ideally 24 hours—before massaging or rubbing the skin.
When can I touch my face after Botox?
After you get Botox, your doctor will caution you to avoid touching your face for at least the first 4 hours. Adding any pressure could cause the Botox to migrate from where it was injected.
Can I take a shower after getting Botox?
Showering after Botox is perfectly fine. It’s the temperature of the water that can negatively affect your results. Hot showers are completely out of the question after the procedure. The heat from a shower increases blood flow to your face and causes the Botox to shift, leaving you with unnatural results.